Avast Internet Security 2019 is the company's next generation security suite and includes an antivirus engine, firewall, browsing protection, a software updater, browser cleanup tool and more.
Installation is simple and straightforward. Compatibility seems good, too, with the package running happily alongside Bitdefender Internet Security on our test PC.
The program interface is clean and very easy to use. Just click "Run Smart Scan" and Avast immediately runs a quick check for malware, missing software updates, network vulnerabilities even looks for weak passwords and junk files.
When it's finished, clicking "Resolve all" allows you to review the results and fix whatever the program has found.
The network security scanner detects more router vulnerabilities and displays extra details.
WebShield has switched to a smarter and more compatible system of HTTPS scanning, as used in Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
What's new in 2019 v19.8?
- Hello, menu, my new friend - Check out all the useful shortcuts we’ve added to our top-right menu
- Goodbye, double-click - You no longer have to click twice on our popups to open or close them
- Smarter Smart Scan - Virus scan now deals with threats automatically, so you don’t have to sit through our scans
- “Reboot” got the boot - A redundant reboot message was fixed. A redundant reboot message was fixed
- Firewall fix - Changing your Firewall settings will now (gasp!) actually change your Firewall settings
- Passive Mode fix - Turning on or off Passive Mode no longer shows an infinitely spinning circle (your cat may miss this one, but you won’t)